Here's to the END of this Long, Snowy Winter!

I enjoy Winters here in Connecticut.  There's a lot to do,  and the cold & the snow don't usually bother me.  However, this year, across New England, we've been hit especially hard.  My kids are up to 7 snow days already!

The snow is actually OVER my For Sale panel!
It has been challenging as far as real estate goes too..snow storms on Open House days, getting stuck in icy driveways,  climbing snow banks to put up Open House signs, having plow guys accidentally plow down my For Sale signs, showing other houses that have not been plowed and having to wade through snow up to my thighs to get to the front door, my name signs getting buried & lost in the snow, rescheduling appointments because the roads are too dangerous…you name it.  On top of that there have been so many homes with water damage from ice dams, leaking roofs, and frozen & burst pipes.  Also, it's hard to see conditions of roofs, decks and yards under 3-4ft of snow! Suddenly I feel like my snow-bird Realtor friends who are all in warm & sunny places and will be back this Spring are on to something…hmmmm….

Today temps are up above freezing, birds are singing and there is no snow forecast for the next 5 days.  That's right, Spring must be right around the corner…and then I can go hunting through the melting snow for all of my signs that fell off during snowstorms and are buried 3 or more feet deep!

Comments