Socially Responsible Investing

Some days I feel as though perhaps I've gone GREEN in every way I can think of, and just looking for more ways to be GREEN proves to be exhausting.  

Enter my financial advisor.  My financial advisor?  YES... he's wonderful and came out to meet me for (locally roasted) coffee (which we drank in real mugs) at my local artsy coffee shop, where he proceeded to introduce to me the idea of socially responsible investing.  If you're more financially savvy than I am, you've probably heard of it.  It's not a new concept.  The simple tenet of it is that you invest in companies who employ environmentally-friendly & ethical practices, and are socially-conscious (which can have a lot of meanings of course.)  What impressed me is that my advisor took the time to look into something he knew would be up my alley, and that he knows his clients that well.  Even my husband was suitably impressed (and said maybe he should meet with him to review his retirement accounts!)

So, along with my current holdings, we've added a socially responsible portfolio, which my advisor feels will do well AND holds true to my values.  Cheers & many thanks to my financial guru for helping me find another way to make my life a deeper shade of GREEN!   (BTW, if you're in CT... I'm happy to share him with you...just leave a comment or message/email me and I'll send along his contact info!)    

Comments