Solar Panels on Monday

Just as my beautiful sunflowers were beginning to fade...
I opened the email that the solar installation begins Monday morning!  The project we began back in January is finally coming to fruition and I'm SO excited.  It's a good thing the support beams for the attic were delivered yesterday.

 This is the delivery from our local lumber yard.  (Funny story about the lumber yard - their phone number is written on the outside of our house - we're talking eye-level as you walk up to the front door.  We think hubby's grandfather wrote it there 267-2565 and it won't come off.  It's been there for at least 15 years already!  Because of that, we decided not erase the smiley face Julien drew below it a few years ago when he entered his Picasso phase.)  Seeing as how we now have only the weekend before work starts, I can see hubby will be spending the weekend in the attic sistering up those beams for added support.

By the way, local friends, did you notice that our local library had solar panels installed recently?  I'll have to ask how that's working out for them!



Has anyone else seen the ads for the new eco-friendly Nissan Leaf?  Not a hybrid, but fully electric  Interesting.  Scott's plan is to drive the Corolla until it's no longer possible, then switch to a Prius.  For that we'll surely go see my friend Alex at Hoffman Toyota!  I suppose we'll have to consider other options as well, and this Nissan means we may have to go for a test drive.  Chevrolet also has an option called the Volt, but I can't say I've ever been a fan of Chevy.  I'll definitely be doing some research on all of these before we decide, and knowing Corollas, we have a while to figure that out!
Just read a GREEN blog today I'd never seen before.  It's Australian, so don't be confused when today's article is about spring urban gardening - that whole other side of the equator thing and all.  The blog is ecoMILF (Mother Into Fair Living) and I enjoyed it.   (That's her banner above.)  She was featured on Best Green Blogs and has some really nice articles, vegetarian recipes, and projects.  I think we'd have fun sharing a cup of tea and some of that fair trade chocolate she's talking about!

Comments

Mama Gone Green said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog today, and I am very excited to continue following yours! You of course can link to my blog anytime, and I would be happy to guest blog as well!