Monica Seles & Knowles Landing!

Sorry about the absence!  It's crunch time chez nous, and with a BIG LISTING comes a BIG WORKLOAD - especially when you're getting ready to go on vacation!  Preparing for and working on these 2 wonderful things in my life has left little time for blogging, or gardening, or cooking, or cleaning :)

What exactly have I been doing?  Falling in love - and not just with the Portuguese soccer team - with a dreamy property on the CT River that we call Knowles Landing (....sigh.)



Some of you may know how much I love historic homes.  This one is  historic with a twist - it has many of the features & characteristics I love in an antique home, but it has been renovated with modern conveniences.  I'm fine with that - I'm not a purist.  Just take one look at those gables, the upper deck and sunroom, the gorgeous wrap around porch...it's enough to make a girl swoon.  Then turn around and check out the view...


It's pretty spectacular, isn't it?  

This is where I'll be working this afternoon and again tomorrow when I'll be hosting the grandest Broker's Open House of my 10 years in real estate!  Guests will be greeted on the porch with a signature micro-cocktail we call "The Knowles" (thanks Carl for the name!) and will tour the 1886 Queen Ann Victorian.  These are 2 of my favorite spots in the house (it's hard to choose only 2) but these are both fabulous.


The Sunroom off of the 2nd Floor Sitting Room - what an inspiring view!


This is the 3rd Floor Master Suite, a quiet spot occupying the entire 3rd floor with a HUGE Master Bath, loads of closet space, views of the Connecticut River, and a private deck overlooking the water.  




Tearing ourselves away from the main house, we'll walk (or ride the golf cart) to the Guest House/Studio which is a converted 3 story barn with 3 decks...



That charming gazebo is original!  There are two fantastically old maples from where I'm standing here - they're just beautiful and gnarled.

After the studio we head back to the wrap around porch for some light seafood fare including sushi and saunter down past the Har-Tru tennis court to the river front lawn for a wine tasting (we're featuring an Argentinian label tomorrow) and desserts & coffee.  Agents are reminded to bring along their business cards to enter a drawing for their favorite of the wines sampled and the grand prize: 2 tickets to the US OPEN Tennis Championships!!!  Awesome, right?  Do you know what else is awesome?


Why yes, that is MONICA SELES, world famous tennis champion, posing with our very own Knowles Landing!!!  Since Knowles Landing has such a beautiful water front tennis court, we thought we'd market to the tennis crowd in NYC.  Did I mention I've been insanely busy the past 2 weeks?  This is part of the reason why :)  By the way, if Monica Seles wants to come try out the tennis court, the offer is out there!  Call me, Monica :)


I couldn't be doing all of this without my very gifted (and fun) partner on this real estate project, Carl Guild.  Don't let the fact that he drives around with his face on his car fool you - this guy's the real deal.  I'm thinking this picture of him would make a really cutting edge business card.  Very terminator-esque, no?   Want to meet him?  Come on down to the Broker's Open tomorrow!



Now how is it that we got this far without mentioning the 40' deep water dock with expansion rights?  This property has 350 ft of waterfront on the Connecticut River in Middle Haddam.  I was out there one night at 10 pm (again, I've been working some crazy hours!) and it was so peaceful and quiet.  I just wanted to sit and enjoy...

 

In just a few days we have an ad coming out in Connecticut Magazine, then in less than 2 weeks we're appearing as sponsors at the International Tennis Hall of Fame Campbell's Tennis Championship with an ad in their program and a sign at the Members Tent.  Such an exciting project to work on, and we're having a blast creating the buzz.  This is what I've been busy doing, and to borrow an old expression from Martha Stewart, "it's a good thing!"

The Jewel of the Connecticut River



   

Comments