Looking Back on the Year of the OX

On February 9th, 2021 I started writing a blog post about the lunar new year and the Year of Ox. It was a short post and I didn't publish it. Here's what I had written:

Who else is excited about 2021 being the Year of Ox?

If you know me, then you know that I am someone who is interested in other cultures, in their traditions and celebrations, languages and history. (It's one of the reasons why we travel so much!) Our own home has been a welcoming melting pot of cultures, which I absolutely love.

I've always found Chinese culture to be fascinating, and Lunar New Year/Chinese New Year/Spring Festival is something lovely to celebrate. This year in particular, I need things to celebrate. 

I read a books about astrology & the zodiac when I was 12 and some of the other kids were into it...it was kind of fun. Leo...sun/fire child. I have many of the Leo traits, but I wonder if some of that might also be attributed to being the 1st born child...things like leadership, loyalty, reliability, and selflessness might fall under birth order characteristics. 

I hadn't really learned about the Chinese Zodiac until later, where I learned I am a Water Ox. Again, many of those traits are spot on! 

2021 is the Lunar New Year of the Ox, which is an especially good year to be an ox! My big takeaway is that this is going to be a year of hard work for a lot of people, myself included, but that for the hard-working ox, this is also a year to reap the benefits of that hard work.

Flash forward to the end of 2021, where I am reflecting on the crazy, successful year I've had so far! It was a LOT of work, and the real estate market was bonkers, but I finally hit a professional milestone that I've been working towards for many years. (I haven't been public about it - not really my style - but I'm still super excited!) It was most-likely the return of the real estate boom after our 2 rough Covid-market years, but if being a Water Ox in the Year of the Ox had anything to do with it, I'll take that too! 

Comments

This post is really nice and informative. The explanation given is really comprehensive and informative..
Property in Rawalpindi Islamabad