CT Trails Day is This Weekend

When I saw the brochure at my local library - CT Trails Day Celebration - I was amazed at how many great events will be going on this weekend in over 150 of our state's 169 towns!  There are so many special events this year that they had to spread them out over the course of the weekend - so you have to fit at least one event into your busy schedule!  A little dose of nature does wonders after a stressful, busy week.  (Also it does wonders at calming me in the middle of a busy workweek when I can squeeze in a lunchtime hike through my local state forest with a friend!)

Some of the special events include: guided/nature/educational walks, oxen rides, geocaching, paddling (canoe & kayak), trolley rides, letter boxing, trail maintenance, picnic while listening to a jazz band, rock climbing, trail runs, biking, orienteering, educational walks, waterfall exploring, trail biking, horseback riding, beach walks, stand up paddle boarding, and of course, hiking.  Some require pre-registration, so have a quick look at the brochure online to see if you need to call ahead!

Another wonderful thing about this event: parking fees will be waived at participating parks!

The other thing I discovered once I went online, was that the website for the CT Forest & Park Association is REALLY good!

There is something for everyone this weekend.  Connecticut, as far as outdoor recreational activities go, you rock!  Happy CT Trails Weekend!




Comments