My GREEN Week by the Numbers

This is my week by the numbers.  Everything below happened this week and relates to my own GREEN life... 

49.2  The number of miles per gallon our Prius got on average on our family road trip to Cape Cod...
1       The number of National Parks I visited with the kiddies...
45     The number of dollars I spent in the National Parks gift shop on "naturalist" gifts...
37     The number of minutes I drooled over David Culp's new gardening book The Layered Garden...


3       The number of offers I got on my GREEN solar-powered real estate listing as a RENTAL!  (It will eventually come back on the market as a sale listing, so if you were considering it...just let me know!)



2026   The number of dollars we're supposed to get as a tax credit from the Federal Government on our  tax return for the solar hot water system we installed in 2012...only when we filed our tax return we got an email informing us that the IRS is not ready to accept our tax return since we're filing for a "certain tax credit" & there will be a nationwide delay in processing.  What the what?  Don't they know we filed early to GET the tax credit because we want to put the $ back into our bank account?

286.01 The number of trees saved by using our solar panels as of this week...maybe...we're not sure it captured our original usage because there was a connection error to the online monitoring.  So it's at least this number.

1504.77 The number of barrels of oil offset by our solar panels to date...

Have a GREEN weekend, everyone!

Comments