I Raise My Glass to This Organic Stout

Hope all my Valentines out there had a really lovely Valentine's Day!  Since hubby wasn't going to be home, instead of opening a bottle of something sparkling by myself (and sparing the feeling that I would need to finish the entire bottle before it went flat - that can only end badly I'm afraid) I picked up Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout (product of the U.K.)


It was the perfect combination of 3 words that caught my eye... organic... chocolate... & stout.  I was not disappointed.  It was delicious.  Happiness in a bottle.  Picked it up at Whole Foods.

The idea to look for a chocolate stout came from the restaurant Fireworks (in Keene, NH & Brattleboro, VT) where my brother-in-law is the chef.  He shared this photo from the restaurant:


Harpoon Chocolate Stout Float with Vanilla Haagen Dazs.

His restaurants do lots of other brilliant things as well - if you're nearby I recommend pulling up a chair and staying for a great meal!  Ask if Gandalf (that's not his real name, he just looks a lot like Gandalf!) is in the kitchen, and tell him The GREEN CT Realtor sent you :)  

Comments