GREEN Deals

Thanks to having to pay a slew of new real estate fees (education & membership fees) right after the crunch of the holidays, I'm finding myself feeling very thrifty again.  (A lot of people don't realize how expensive it is to be in real estate - especially when you're advertising in the New York Times!)  I'm also keenly aware of how much it will cost for us to go on vacation this year and with next summer's big trip... well, let's just say I need to keep saving up :)  (Oh, and if my financial advisor is reading this, of course I meant to say that I'm going to put extra into my retirement account this year.  The first week of real estate for the year was slamming - yay! - and the 2nd week is starting out pretty amazingly as well!)

Thrifty me noticed that there's a nice deal on organic cotton sheets at Target this week!  


Thrifty me also took a moment to look up Free Parks Days at US National Parks.  They are:


  • January 14-16
    Martin Luther King Jr. weekend
  • April 21-29
    National Park Week
  • June 9
    Get Outdoors Day
  • September 29
    National Public Lands Day
  • November 10-12
    Veterans Day weekend


I've mentioned it before, but my kids loved it when we visited national parks.  We even got them the parks passports which they get to stamp at the ranger stations and they go nuts over it.  I figure this year we could use a few more stamps in those passports before they outgrow the novelty of it.  


I also searched my free museum options through the Bank of America "Museums on Us" program which offers free entry into the listed museums on the first full weekend of each month.  How are the museums GREEN, you ask?  Well, some of them are museums of natural history or science, anthropology or archaeology.  I file learning about nature as GREEN.  The kids loved the mineral & geology exhibit, the great mammal hall & the zoological galleries at the Harvard Museum of Natural History last weekend.  




On the plus side of all the new fees I'm paying, they relate to new business I've been working on and will be announcing shortly.  2012 is going to be an exciting year!

Comments