CBS Connecticut's Most Valuable Blogger!

It is such an honor to be named a FINALIST for CBS Connecticut's Most Valuable Blogger Award!  Little bit exciting, right?  Ah, it's the little things that make me happy, n'est pas?


(Please vote for my blog!  A big thanks for doing so!)

Know what else makes me happy these days?  My carriage house project is FINALLY starting to take shape!  This was the progress as of yesterday (only the 2nd day of framing!)


Today they put down the floor for the 2nd fl.  Slowly, slowly the work continues...I can't wait for it to be closer to finished so we can talk about all the ways we're going to try to make it GREEN!

It's been a while since I shared an update on our 40 panel photovoltaic array.  The solar panels have been cranking out the electricity all summer!  Each month my electric bill has been all of $16 (even with the air conditioning & TV going in our in-law apartment several hours per day!)  We've been generating around 35 kWh per day of electricity, and it appears that since November we've generated 7750 kWh and saved over 13,000 lbs of CO2!!!  Seriously, how great is that? We're sending a lot of energy back into the grid.  Makes me want to go and hug my inverter :)

Heading out now to support my fellow Realtor's Broker's Open House for a property on Lake Pocotopaug - it's no Knowles Landing, but 71 Meek's Point isn't too shabby!  They're similarly priced, so if you're in the market in the $1.3M range, I'm happy to show you both of them :)





Comments